Drawing on our experience of working on the websites of many public sector organisations, we’ve built a new “Software as a Service” (SaaS) product for running public sector websites.
Public Platform offers a better way for organisations to provide digital services to citizens, maximising functionality and minimising risk and cost.
What is Public Platform?
- It’s an online service which is immediately available.
- The product is fully functional from the first day you have access to it, there is no long build phase.
- It is packed with functionality which is likely to be useful to public sector organisations.
- Organisations can pick and choose what functionality they use and what customisation they do to their sites.
- The service is continuously developed and invested in.
Why Public Platform?
Make organisation’s lives easier.
Focus on the service delivered rather than the distraction of “how”.
Avoids the pain of a big custom build.
- Hugely time intensive.
- High risk - every site is a prototype!
- Long lead time.
Reduces the challenge of keeping the sites going.
- Sourcing and retaining expertise.
- Security exploits.
- Legislation changes.
- Technology changes.
Cost savings through economies of scale
Public sector websites are very diverse in how they are built but need to fulfil the same citizen needs.
Room for improvement
A lot of sites follow the build, hold, rebuild approach, so lag behind the latest innovations.