What is Public Platform?
Public Platform is a service for running public sector websites
- It’s an online service which is available immediately.
- It is fully functional from the first day you have access to it, there is no long build phase.
- It is packed with functionality which is likely to be useful to the public sector.
- Public Platform websites can be fully customised by customers themselves.
- The service is continuously developed and invested in, and new features are shared amongst all customers at no extra cost.
Built on the GOV.UK design system.
Benefits from the extensive user research and testing of the Government Digital Service team. 100% accessible and highly usable starting point.
Familiar and comfortable look and feel for end users. Look and feel can be customised as needed.
An intuitive & powerful content editing experience.
We integrate the Gutenberg editor to provide the best content editing experience you've ever seen.
Why Public Platform?
Build and run websites without the headache
Public Platform allows you to focus on the service delivered rather than the distraction of how to deliver it.
Avoid the pain of a big custom build
- Hugely time intensive.
- High risk - every site is a prototype!
- A very long time in the making.
Reduce the challenge of keeping sites going
You don't have to worry about:
- Sourcing and retaining expertise.
- Security exploits.
- Legislation changes.
- Technology changes.
Cost savings through economies of scale
- All Public Platform sites share a common core.
- Future improvements are shared with all customers for free.
- Customise your site using your own development resources and share this with others.
Public Platform is continuously being improved
- Public Platform is supported by a dedicated team.
- Your website will always move with the times and have the latest innovations.
- Public Platform's features list will only get longer over time.
The latest News from Public Platform
The 2.4.0 release upgrades the version of Drupal core used by the Platform. It also adds an "automatic" Latest News block to the WYSIWYG editor.
The 2.2.0 release of Public Platform is complete. The hallmark feature of this release is the ability for sites to have more than one Events listing page and the ability to embed content items into other pages. All Drupal modules were updated to their latest versions. This update is free for all…